Wednesday 18 July 2012


home annd scrapped
july12-TAGS

TITLE;- HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARTY
This is myself with my sister Heather, this was taken at the Wonthaggi Workmans Club, it was the reunion lunch of the Wonthaggi Borough council Workers both inside and outside workers. Both Heather I and worked at the Council Heather in the Home Help section and myself in the main office, we worked with great people, they taught me alot. Thanks Velia and Jenny. There were pictures all around the walls, of people who have died and how the town has grown, we read old newspapers and remembered, ahh good times. This was the year that Wonthaggi as a town turned 100 years old there were street parades, a garden party at the local hospital, the workmans club also turned 100, the whole town turned out to celebrate, I saw friends that i haven't seen since leaving school, it was a great time to catch up and to see where and what everyone was doing. Happy Birthday Wonthaggi.

No comments:

Post a Comment