Saturday 18 April 2015

Csi case no 160
Tilte: My Dad

This is about a journey of a different kind, its about a telegram that was sent to my husband who was in the navy and was at sea, when out first born daughter arrived.
I didn't know that my mother in law had sent a telegram to her son, telling him that I had given birth on the 24th of October, 1984 to a little girl. In it she told him the weight, time and length of our baby. As he worked in the office area where all incoming communications arrived, lucky he was not on duty. It had to go through different hands starting with the communications office and then the captain, he soon received it. What I like most is that captain also penned a congratulations note on the telegram.
I have used lots of elements: bling borders, flowers, leaves, chains, chevron washi tape and frames. Also a chipboard heart with the tilte My Dad. This I used paint and stickles on it to make it sparkle.
Nearly lost this to my daughter Jackie as she said "it relates to me and my birth". she will get it later.




















No comments:

Post a Comment